Question Lenovo IdeaPad 110-15ibr screen problem

Ace630

Commendable
May 24, 2016
Hi there. I have a problem with my laptop where as the screen has gone completly dark only being able to see it by shining light into it. I have had this problem before and ordered a replacment screen which worked fine up until recently. I ordered another new screen but this has the same problem again.
Now I'm not sure if its the new screen that has the problem or whether its another hardware issue but would like to try figure this out as I have paid for a new screen that doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. Any help with this would be appriciated

Ace630

Commendable
May 24, 2016
Did you try uninstalling the display adapter device driver? Go into device manager, click on display adapter and uninstall device. Restart computer and then reinstall driver and restart.

I've just tried a fresh install of windows and its exactly the same. It works fine being connected to an external monitor. I have just ordered another new screen. I'm thinking maybe I got a broken screen from the last seller so this time I will test the new one straight away and make sure to get money back if it has the same problem

I've just tried a fresh install of windows and its exactly the same. It works fine being connected to an external monitor. I have just ordered another new screen. I'm thinking maybe I got a broken screen from the last seller so this time I will test the new one straight away and make sure to get money back if it has the same problem
And just troubleshooting so I have to ask, you did try to turn up the brightness in settings? I believe you can also hold down a key when the laptop is restarting to turn up the screen brightness also.