Lenovo Ideapad 110-15isk VGA(INTEL-AMD Radeon R5 M430 2GB)

KAIRON

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
hello everyone and good morning.

i bought this laptop Lenovo as described in title few weeks ago

spec : core i3 6th gen 6100u

Ram :4GB

HDD:1T

VGA:INTEL-AMD

i enjoyed its options so much when i reviewed it on youtube through many many videos and how it will perform in many games

my problem is i identified the both graphic cards but when i identified the both the intel model was correct but the name of AMD graphic card is wrong, i mean i installed it already from lenovo website so why its written that name of card is AMD HD 8600M Rather than -AMD R5 M430

also i installed amd catalyst control center to adjust my AMD graphic card whenever i wanna boost it.

well that's not the case

what i want to know is 3 things

first: when i wanted to know which is my main graphic card i opened run then typed (dxdiag) to see if the both graphic card was identified or not ,and to know who is the main , then when i went there i saw at display Intel HD Graphics 520 Even so i thought it will be Amd and when i saw render i checked it and i /saw the name of other graphic card, so what i want to know is my AMD graphic card is the main or not ?

second:when i tried to play naruto shippuuden ultimate ninja storm 3 on old pc it was running with Intel HD graphics 510 and the fps was 26-30 and when i tried it when i adjusted all settings on high performance graphic card it reached to 35 FPS only seriously ??! so is that what my AMD can do or there is something wrong ?

third: i doubt my AMD is working after all so i wanna know if it is identified to work or just identified as a name?

also tried Devil may cry on both pc and this laptop on pc it scored 30 fps and on laptop scored as max 33-40 after i adjust everything on high performance

so i wanna know if my graphic card works from beginning or not

or it is as far as my graphic card can do

also good luck guys in reading xD

For laptops you do not want to use the video card drivers from the chip vendor but from the Laptop vendor. Changing the video drivers to the reference one often breaks dual graphics operation where the laptop will swap between the onboard video and the add on card as needed.

Go to device manager, find the AMD video card there and look at the device ID. Do a web search for that, it should tell you what video card it is. Also the box and the place you bought it from should list the card model.

KAIRON

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
not that what i mean

they already listed the card model but my question is why i cant boost my gaming with it ? also is it useful for render and graphic stuff ?

The R5 M430 card is a low end one, it is only a little faster than the Intel HD 520 https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R5-M430.160119.0.html

If you are seeing an increase from 30 in a game then to 35 on high performance, that seems right for that low end AMD video chip.

Solution