Question lenovo ideapad 330s-15ikb SSD in Optical Drive

Oct 13, 2019
I found a cheap lenovo ideapad 330s-15ikb and added an SSD to it via an aftermarket optical drive SSD caddy.

Unfortunately, I can't pull the edge from the dummy optical drive that came stock with the laptop. This leaves me with a cutout in the side of the laptop instead of a smooth edge...

However. The dummy optical drive looks like a drive caddy itself. It's got the screw holes and everything I need to mount an SSD or HDD to it. I just can't seem to find an SSD cord that'll fit the 2 inches I need to go from the SSD to the optical drive SSD hookup that already existed in the laptop. Do they make such cords? And if so, where can I purchase them? I've searched around online and can't seem to find anything... Any ideas??

Lutfij

Titan
This is what the innards of your laptop look like:
IMG_20180910_152001.jpg

With that, I'm wondering how you found an optical drive in that unit since I've worked on a couple of Lenovo 330s of the same SKU, they don't have an optical drive either. You're only able to use the M.2 slot on the laptop if you want to add an SSD apart from the HDD that comes bundled with the laptop or replace the 2.5" laptop HDD with the 2.5" SSD you currently have.

You can see for yourself, here, in the laptop's manual, page 36.

TRENDING THREADS