Question Lenovo ideapad S145-15IGM no POST, doesn't boot!

arthurdurand

Reputable
Jan 11, 2019
I have a Lenovo ideapad S145-15IGM (type 81MX) notebook PC that doesn't POST with the following indications/symptoms:

The LED next to charging port ALWAYS functions normally: Amber while charging and White when fully charged.

if I don't/didn't switch the PC on: The Num Lock LED ALWAYS comes on immediately upon connecting AC power and remains solid white for as long as the AC power is connected.
if I don't/didn't switch the PC on: The Num Lock LED ALWAYS goes off when I remove the AC power

When I switch the PC on with the AC power connected (and the Num Lock on and solid white): The power button LED and the LED next to the USB port comes on and remains on and solid white, but the monitor remains off and the hard drive doesn't spin up. When I press the power button for at least ten seconds, the power button LED and the LED next to the USB port goes off.

When I switch the PC on (without AC power): The power button LED, the Num Lock LED and the LED next to the USB port comes on and remains on and solid white, but the monitor remains off and the hard drive doesn't spin up. When I press the power button for at least ten seconds, the power button LED, Num Lock LED and the LED next to the USB port goes off.

Nothing ever appears on the monitor and the hard drive never spins up, doesn't matter how long I keep the PC on.

I have disconnected AC power, internal battery, CMOS battery several times and for different durations. I have reseated the RAM. I have tried to perform a BIOS recovery using a USB drive and the Fn + R key method. I have successfully performed BIOS recovery on different brands of bricked laptops and are familiar with the process. The aforementioned indications/symptoms didn't change after everything I've tried thus far.

Any ideas/steps/suggestions/info relevant to the indications/symptoms I've described that could assist me in getting this PC up and running again would be highly appreciated!

ASK THE COMMUNITY