Question Lenovo Ideapad Y700 15isk BIOS Problem

Jun 27, 2019
Dear good people form tom's hardware forum i hope you can help me.
I have an motherboard/ hardware issue.

I was playing around with my recently bought laptop and decided to put the cisco mbr filter in place , because maleware and rootkits. so fine so good.

One day i decided to delet the mbr filter, so i did this via registry. So fine so good, but no way to check if the hdd is still on read only.

on the same day i create a bootable startpupstick via a third party software (macrium backup)
when i tried to test the stick and boot from it, my pc could not access the windows 10 os anymore.

I guessed i blew the bootlader of the hdd, the partions ? i do not know.
Tried fix windows via the startup options/backup's........ no luck.
i then bought a new ssd and and new m2 sdd, exchanged it tired no clean install windows...no luck.

in a moment of desperation i tried to reset my bios via the little battery
( take it out, disconnect the main battery, push the powerbutton15 times, let it drain over night etc....)

so now my laptop cant access bios, he is just stuck in an bootloop.

my question is, do i need to locate the bios chip, an reprogram the chip? what should i do.

i am by far an amateur, but desperately in need for help.

Thank you very much for your time and effort

Lutfij

Titan
If you wanted to make a recovery disk, you should've used Windows Media Creation Tools to use as a system recovery disk, go into system restore. Did you press and hold down the battery reset(pinhole) button for at least 30 minutes(after depressing it)? You should also be doing that with the laptop disconnected from the wall socket/power adapter. May want to also try and remove the sticks of ram and then try the pinhole trick. Then press down on the power button for another 30 seconds and then replace the sticks of ram, try powering up.