Lenovo Introduces Its First Android PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gudomlig

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2013
where is the market for this? battery life sucks, even a tegra 4 chipset is much slower than a comparably priced laptop with a core i3...i really don't see the point at all. why not just call it a 19" tablet, cause that's what it is.

it seems my nexus 7(new) outspecs this thing in everyway except screen size and costs a lot less and 3 hour battery ?? in my opinion this thing is useless you can get a decent laptop for $450 that can do 10x more things.

usertests

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2013
19.5" screen, and it's not 1080p? 2 GB of RAM? Most smartphones aren't 1080p or have 3 GB of RAM yet. This device is a gigantic smartphone. Has anyone thrown more resources at Android, or is there no point?

infernocy

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
since bluestacks exists what is the use of this ? just buy a laptop for that price that will be way more effective and put bluestacks on it ....

g-unit1111

Titan

This is a desktop, not a laptop. But I do agree that I don't see a market for this product either.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Lenovo has been working on making Android more desktop friendly. I'll be interested to see what they were able to come up with. Some people would choose the simplicity of this over the clumsiness of Windows. The price really isn't bad at all for the specs.

ahmedomran

Honorable
May 27, 2013
I wonder if one day we will see an android desktop computer with the latest GPUs such as GTX 780 and R9 290x

TomsSound

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2003
Looks like a decent product. This might do well in the educational sector, maybe a gem for those looking for a thin client/desktop virtualization/citrix reciever. Simple and plenty of apps available. Or for a grandparent needing something super easy. Let's face it windows 8 is not as easy as it should be for the elderly. Email, internet, Games, streaming services. Price is not that bad for a desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.