Lenovo Lap unable to Boot,Only lenovo image is displyed but not booting into windows

chilakasuman

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014
Hi, I have purchased Lenvo g500 series laptop 4months back.
I have used windows 7 trail version for about 3months,i faced the below issue
"When i press the start-up button LENOVO Image Screen Comes On but from there it wont boot to the windows...after several atempts to start on the laptop,it boots and works normally.I faced this issue many times but due to the windows trail version i thought this issue was arraising.
Last week i have installed windows 8 full version but now also when i start my laptop i am able to see the Lenovo Screen image only it is unable to boot into windows.I have removed the Battery and again tried but still the issue exits.
Please let me know is this issue related to OS OR Hardware?
Please help me in resolving this issue ASAP.

Thanks
suman

Solution

The fact that you were able to install W8 would suggest that your HDD is working, but it is possibly damaged. If you don't have much data to lose on the HDD I would suggest you re-install W8, only this time delete all partitions on the drive using Drive Options (Advanced) at the 'Where do you want to Install Windows' screen, and install to Unallocated Space, allowing Setup to create necessary Partitions. This ensures a clean installation and a System Reserved Partition to store your boot info.
If you have any difficulties installing, then check out your Hard Drive.
Create a bootable diagnostic with Seatools for DOS
http://www.seagate.com/support/internal-hard-drives/consumer-electronics/ld25-series/seatools-dos-master/

Solution