Question Lenovo laptop didn't logout when lid closed

Bill2002

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015
Hello. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 , and yesterday evening I opened the laptop and it turns out it never logged out/locked my system. I was already logged in, no password entry needed. I am concerned for security reasons it might do this again and was wondering what the possible causes might be. Any questions, leave them please.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Well, it sounds like you have your system set to sleep when the lid is closed and not to ask for a password when waking up from sleep (which is just how I have my own set up).

You can change what happens when the lid is closed via Control Panel, Power Options. You probably don't want to change this.

If you want to have a password required to gain access back into Windows 10 when you wake from sleep: Settings, Accounts, Sign-in options - Then under the Require Sign-in section change the "Never" to "When PC Wakes Up from Sleep".

Bill2002

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015
Well, it sounds like you have your system set to sleep when the lid is closed and not to ask for a password when waking up from sleep (which is just how I have my own set up).

You can change what happens when the lid is closed via Control Panel, Power Options. You probably don't want to change this.

If you want to have a password required to gain access back into Windows 10 when you wake from sleep: Settings, Accounts, Sign-in options - Then under the Require Sign-in section change the "Never" to "When PC Wakes Up from Sleep".
I don't, it usually asks for login information. The laptop or operating system malfunctioned in some way. My settings are how I want them and it didn't work the way I wanted it to.