Lenovo Laptop Flop

shark722

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
I recently ran into some problems with my Lenovo laptop. A few days ago while running photoshop on Win7 home premium it seemed to hit a wall, I closed out of everything running, and restarted. It took a fortnight to do such. When the desktop finally loaded, it took half an hour. I decided to just try the built in recovery, which took forever trying and didnt load. At this point I shifted gears, and was determined to reformat. I have completed said reformat and now it appears this is some sort of hardware issue and not malware. The Win7 install is brilliantly slow, even running overnight it has yet to complete. I have no idea where to begin to figure out what has gone awry.

This particular Lenovo is a x64 machine with an Intel chip, I know it has 4gb ram and a 160gb hard drive, but cannot recall specifically the speed of either.

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!

shark722

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
i cannot get into safemode, as the new install is still in limbo, I kinda thought hard drive, but my old Dell (cough) had a p3 processor go bad in it while under warranty, it almost seems familiar. will run HIRENS in a bit