Question Lenovo Laptop keyboard | Annoying random malfunction with some letters ?

appsarda

Reputable
Oct 10, 2018
Hi,

I have an annoying problem regarding my laptop's keyboard.

Specs first :
Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 15IMH05
Intel 10750H
64 GB Ram 2933 Mhz RAM
1 x m2 500 GB + 1 x 4 TB SSD
GForce GTX 1650ti
Realtek Onboard audio

My problem is,
My laptop's keyboard having random malfunction with some specific keys. These are mostly "Enter", m, c, and maybe 1 or 2 more. They either do not register when I press them and do not type, or they just repeat key stroke several times like "mmmm" or "cc" instead of "m" "c".

I doubt this has to do with a physical problem because usually when I reboot my laptop, the problem will be gone for some time and it just starts again after working several hours.
Also, I can't remember correctly but when I tried it with notepad, usually I'm not having problems.

Also some websites do not cause this problem. For example while writing these lines, on this forum, I haven't faced an issue up to now but sometimes when I write on another website problem occurs again. Plus, when I work with my DAW a couple of hours, the problem occurs again.

I suspect it is caused by a malware or something like that.
I tried uninstalling keyboard and restarting the computer for the keyboard driver to be installed again but this didn't solve the problem.

I first noticed this issue like 2 months ago and still having it up to this day.
The annoying part is, it happens randomly and I cannot reproduce it to find a decent solution or to spot the actual cause. Sometimes(like now) all the keys work smoothly without a single problem.

Only thing I know of from my google searches is that some other people are/were having the same problem but I haven't seen a definitive solution other than generic suggestions like reinstalling keyboard drivers, updating windows etc, which, I have already done without success
. I'm not willing to reinstall windows since there are too many things that is needed to be set up and I'm currently away from home and will be left without my computer in case something goes wrong during the fresh installation.

Can anyone who dealt with the same problem in the past or someone who is aware of this issue help me? It is really annoying and affects my productivity.

Thank you all!

appsarda

Reputable
Oct 10, 2018
Anyone?

Can a malware cause this? I'm using ESET Internet Security and don't know if it is effective for malwares. Is there a powerful malware scanner and remover app that I can try?

Last week I opened the case and blew some air to clean the dust. I do this periodically but it does not seem to work in this case. I cannot disassemble it fully to take the keyboard out because I'm currently on a vessel and if something goes wrong I cannot get any technical help. As I mentioned above, I doubt it is related to a physical malfunction with keyboard at all.

Thanks,