Question Lenovo Laptop Keyboard, Certain keys not working

fuzmaster

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I had this laptop for around 6 years, and lately my keys have been failing to work properly, particularly 7-0 on the num strip, 0, 6, and 2 on the num pad, and the letter R. I tried hard resetting, taking the battery out, and updating my software and drivers, but it's seems like it's a hardware issue. What are the proper steps to take with this now, I'm sort of new to this whole thing.

Laptop Model: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834310630

Quarkzquarkz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
You can try to contact Lenovo and see what their warranty is for laptops, I believe its anywhere from 4-7 years so you might be eligible. Then get your laptop keys replaced at no cost. Sometimes you can open the back and there are loose connectings from the keyboard pad that needs adjustment, but try giving them a call doesn't hurt, Good luck!

You can try to contact Lenovo and see what their warranty is for laptops, I believe its anywhere from 4-7 years so you might be eligible. Then get your laptop keys replaced at no cost. Sometimes you can open the back and there are loose connectings from the keyboard pad that needs adjustment, but try giving them a call doesn't hurt, Good luck!

1-3 year warranty depending on model and what it was purchased with. 4-7 is unheard of for computers unless you keep buying some 3rd party extensions.

You can get a replacement keyboard on eBay pretty cheap to swap in, that will likely fix the issue unless it's with the motherboard connection.