Question Lenovo laptop - USB C Hub with dual HDMI ports not working

Kashimi

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
I have a Lenovo FLEX-14IML laptop with USB-C, so I purchased a QGeeM Type-C Hub,12 in 1, Triple Display ,Dual 4K HDMI & DP,100W PD, Gigabit Ethernet, Card Reader but when I tried to use it and plug in both of my 27 inch HDMI monitors and run them, it gave me an error and wouldn't allow them to work.It said the display connection might be limited.

I tried to search for drivers for it but there aren't any on the QGeeM website.

Are you certain that the USB-C port on your specific laptop supports display out?

Here's a thread about a Flex 14 (although not your exact model), where it is mentioned, USB-C display out isn't suported. It could be the same problem you are running into.

I tried looking for a user manual for your specific model, but I didn't succeed in finding something specific to your model.

Eventhough USB-C supports display output, some hardware manufactuerers doesn't implement the feature.

Kashimi

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
Are you certain that the USB-C port on your specific laptop supports display out?

Here's a thread about a Flex 14 (although not your exact model), where it is mentioned, USB-C display out isn't suported. It could be the same problem you are running into.

I tried looking for a user manual for your specific model, but I didn't succeed in finding something specific to your model.

Eventhough USB-C supports display output, some hardware manufactuerers doesn't implement the feature.

I don't have the original information anymore, any idea how I can check to see if it does have Display out?

Unfortunately I don't know.

I'd suggest you either ask on the Lenovo forums (if you don't get an answer here), or maybe contact Lenovo customer support, in case no one else here on Tom's Hardware knows for sure.

I looked through all the manuals I could find, but none of them mention display output through USB-C.