[SOLVED] Lenovo Laptops : Open any Game = Internet Bandwidth shrinks to ~100KBps download speed.

Mar 21, 2019
I had been facing this issue since around 5-6 months ago, but didn't really understand that it was an issue until a month back. I realized that whenever I was playing any game, and switch to chrome, or Firefox to play any song on youtube, the song would : 1. Automatically decrease in quality (240P) and 2. Stop at times in order to buffer. I figured that the problem was solved when I exit that game, immediately returning to the original bandwidth of 3.5 MBps (down) and decreased when the game was opend again (100KBps). It happens with all games that I have including Shadow of Tomb Raider, League of Legends, Titanfall, etc.

So far, I haven't found even a single similar case any where on the web, so I thought I would create this thread to gain some insights from the community.

My hardware :
Lenovo Legion Y720
CPU i7 -7Gen
Ram =16GB
Graphics card =1060 Nvdia

It could be related to qos settings,most of the times from your motherboard or the router itself,it's an option to manage bandwidth depending on what you do and because most people want to have a low as possible ping when gaming they give all the priority to any game running.

Reactions: GvRanjit
Mar 21, 2019
It could be related to qos settings,most of the times from your motherboard or the router itself,it's an option to manage bandwidth depending on what you do and because most people want to have a low as possible ping when gaming they give all the priority to any game running.
Well, thanks for your quick reply. I can assure you that it is not the QOS setting in the router as I have used my Laptop in different networks (at my home, friend's home, cousin's home, etc) but the issue still persists. Now, regarding the QOS settings in the motherboard, do you have an idea where to find this option?