Lenovo Launches Low-Cost Smartphones With Huge Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

lun471k

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
I was really hoping they would be for NA people. These are interesting phones! I guess I'll wait for the 2015 Nexus 5 then...

dilbert

Distinguished
May 11, 2004
The Vibe P1 has some serious specs for $279, at least on paper. It would be good to see some review comparing it to the Moto G, Zenphone2 and other phones in the 200-300 price range.

InvalidError

Titan

Same comment from me too. Very few decent low-cost (sub-$200 for me) phones and tablets make it to NA. Most of those that are available still have specs reminiscent of 2011-2012.

What I wish is for a battery that has a second option of charging - wind power. There would be a tiny windmill-like extension from the bottom of the phone, so whenever you're extremely bored like sitting in a waiting room, you cam blow on it and charge your phone ever so slowly.

realnoize

Honorable
Jan 5, 2015
Same comment from me too. Very few decent low-cost (sub-$200 for me) phones and tablets make it to NA. Most of those that are available still have specs reminiscent of 2011-2012.

I agree. And given the larger battery life, those look very interesting. I still don't get why Lenovo thinks selling their phones in NA is a bad idea. To me, these phones look a step better (on paper) than most cheap phones out there (those available in NA), and seems to be fairly priced. Again, battery life must be good and is something I find lacking in most modern mobile phones, even higher-end models.

DrSparko

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
These would do great in NA I think. My parents, who are in their 70s, would actually buy a smartphone as their usual reason for not getting one is cost of the device and the battery life. My dad could lose/get his stolen 5 times at 159 and it wouldn't be a big deal...this is why they can't have nice things. NA still have poor people too who rely on smartphones to find and submit job applications, check email...

jestersage

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2007
I may not be able to win prizes in TH System Builder raffles, but I can buy this (P1) phone. Looking forward to next month's release.

jordanl17

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
...and they will NEVER be allowed on Verizon's network. oh well. Now that Verizon is making people pay for phones, no more subsidizing phones, this is the "cheap" phone's chance to make it! This is googles opportunity. Iphone 6s+ $34/mo. OR one of these bad boys for $12/mo. *estimates. It will force people to question the cost of the iPhone/Galaxy.. and force the development of better mid/cheap range phones.
BUT, what's in it for Verizon? nothing. oh well.
edit: not for NA.. so of course no Verizon, but still my point stands!

Status
Not open for further replies.