Lenovo May Actually Buy RIM To Boost Mobile Arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]plznote[/nom]The Canadian Government wouldn't allow it imo. We are already super-protective about our "native" media and companies.[/citation]
I also don't see RIM willing to sell with all the momentum they have received building up until there BB10 launch.

Also with recent Chinese companies purchasing Canadian oil companies, the Canadian Government has imposed a stricter policy when it comes to foreign takeover of Canadian companies (especially for Chinese companies)

bejabbers

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
[citation][nom]plznote[/nom]The Canadian Government wouldn't allow it imo. We are already super-protective about our "native" media and companies.[/citation]
Have you forgotten about Nortel? The Canadian government didn't seem to care about the largest private employer in the country going bankrupt.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Would be a bit irresponsible for the Canadian Gov't to allow RIM to fold if BB10 is a complete flop.....which is the only scenario I can see in which Lenovo would have a real shot at RIM.... Hopefully that doesn't happen though.

meltbox360

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
[citation][nom]fuzzion[/nom]They bought the IBM thinkpad, a RIM buyout could be possible.[/citation]
I would rather not see it happen. My personal feeling is Lenovo ruined the ThinkPad by making it so flimsy and cheap looking/feeling. A shame really...

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
The new BBs look promising, and and BB10 is great. As much as I like my android, the lack of real security built in is a bit annoying. I install a StopWatch app and it asks "We need access to your location, name, phone number, phone calls, history, etc". Android is nice, but has no real security.

juanc

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
[citation][nom]meltbox360[/nom]I would rather not see it happen. My personal feeling is Lenovo ruined the ThinkPad by making it so flimsy and cheap looking/feeling. A shame really...[/citation]

True, but still better than the rest out there. It would be great to have a mix of models, the though ones and the girly ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.