Lenovo, Others Quietly Await Chromebook Versus Cheap Windows 10 Notebook Deathmatch Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

adgjlsfhk

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
I got one of these for my dad, as he wanted a lot of battery life for little cost. Due to an accident that resulted in me using it a bunch, I can confirm that it is a great idea for many people. They run Mathmatica quite well, and as long as you don't have too many things open, they are quite responsive.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
I can tell you what I want: NVIDIA GPU's in them. PERIOD. Hopefully with the xmas 14nm Finfet editions from samsung ;) Someone better put out a 20in+ also, or they won't get a sale. I could use a 13-17in, but my dad wants a 20in+ 14nm NV soc in his next one. His nexus 10 is useless for gaming. He needs to be able to play on the TV with decent gpu perf. Apple is about to roll out their 14nm samsung/tsmc chips (80-90mil made supposedly), so NV should have them for Nov Nexus device and hopefully more from others with larger sizes. HP/Toshiba put out large ones by they keep using the older K1 etc.

Simon Mackay

Reputable
Aug 13, 2014
Some people even consider these computers more as an cheap alternative to a tablet or 2-in-1 when it comes to something to do email or similar tasks on when they are travelling while they maintain a desktop or large laptop as their main computer.
The Windows-based computers may earn their keep if you work your email using a client-based solution like Outlook or Windows Live Mail rather than a Webmail approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS