Daniel16d

Reputable
Apr 23, 2016
Hello!

I am an architecture student less than a year away from entering the workforce and I want to purchase a laptop that will allow me to quickly complete rendering and do CAD work for school and work and last a long time. This is my main reason for buying a laptop and I am looking at the Lenovo p53 because I've heard workstations with Quatro graphics cards are better for this type of work.

That being said, I would also like to use the laptop for some occasional gaming once in a while. Is playing current game releases even feasible on Quatro Cards and are there even drivers for gaming for this particular card? It's hard to find any information on this topic due to the smaller niche that I fall into.

The model I am specifically looking at within the Lenovo p53 is the Nvidia Quatro RTX 3000 so if anybody has experience with this card I would welcome any feedback.
Also if anybody has any suggestions for other laptops that would better fulfill my needs I am all ears.

Thank for any feedback!!

Daniel16d

Reputable
Apr 23, 2016
Ok Thank you!

I'm glad to hear this as it looks like a nice laptop that will suit my work needs and occasion game sessions well.

Daniel16d

Reputable
Apr 23, 2016
I just got the laptop today and I also decided to go with the Nvidia Quadro RTX 5000.
Benchmarks are saying that I should get around 80 fps with Shadow of the Tomb Raider on ultra but I tried it and barely passed 30 fps. My Geforce 1060 in my desktop runs it much better than this at the same setttings.

Anyone know what is going on?

Daniel16d

Reputable
Apr 23, 2016
Yes. The strange thing is that I tried it again last night and it worked great!
But this morning I tried it again and it went back to 25-30 fps again so I'm not sure whats going on.