[SOLVED] Lenovo pc problems

Sep 13, 2019
In February I bought an idea center 720 from Lenovo, the cheaper one with a GT 730. I wanted to upgrade it so I bought an amd xfx 570 without doing any research first because I'm dumb. Turns out my power supply doesn't have the right cords coming out of it to power the graphics card because my current one doesn't need power directly from the PSU. So I bought a new power supply (thermal intake 500w 12v 2.3) along with a 24 pin to 10 pin adapter for it because Lenovo uses 10 pin connections. So finally, my question is, will this work at all or did I waste like 150 dollars? Im writing this while I wait for the delivery and I want to know whether I should send it back or not.

Solution
The problem with some (many?) of the fixed-brand desktop (*) computers is that the casing are built to only fit a certain kind of components. I have got an old Dell Optiplex to revive, almost all hardware changes must be carefully planned (I inserted a pcie USB3 card, but was missing an molex connector so I had to make a cheat adapter by maual soldering).

In your case, the avaiable space in the cabinet in front of the PSU is probably the limiting factor on your computer.
The problem with some (many?) of the fixed-brand desktop (*) computers is that the casing are built to only fit a certain kind of components. I have got an old Dell Optiplex to revive, almost all hardware changes must be carefully planned (I inserted a pcie USB3 card, but was missing an molex connector so I had to make a cheat adapter by maual soldering).

In your case, the avaiable space in the cabinet in front of the PSU is probably the limiting factor on your computer.

Solution
Sep 13, 2019

Do you mean the case? Because I have another one that all the parts should fit into I just don't know if it's a good idea to move a prebuilt into a new case