[SOLVED] Lenovo Post BIOS Update Blackscreen

spinningstill

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018
Did the bios update with the Vantage App. It said successful. However, after it was done it did a dim black screen. All was working okay except it would not do updates.

Can not get back in. When the power button is pressed, it goes to dim black sceen.

IdeaPad Flex 5

Graciously,
Gary

Last edited:
Solution
IdeaPad Flex 5

I'll try that. I did do the 40 second thing as well with no response.
Make sure the power cable is connected properly to the laptop and to the wall outlet.

If that does not do the trick, you might need to remove the bottom cover and disconnect the battery and try powering on just with the power connected. If powers on, then shut it

I think you need a a Torx 6 bit and the screws might be sorted along the front edge and longer in the rear , so don't mix them up.
IdeaPad Flex 5

I'll try that. I did do the 40 second thing as well with no response.
Make sure the power cable is connected properly to the laptop and to the wall outlet.

If that does not do the trick, you might need to remove the bottom cover and disconnect the battery and try powering on just with the power connected. If powers on, then shut it

I think you need a a Torx 6 bit and the screws might be sorted along the front edge and longer in the rear , so don't mix them up.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS