Lenovo Recalls ThinkCentre Desktops Due to Fire Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
This country is so sue happy that when something isn't made perfectly(which is the case with everything, because nothing is perfect, and will eventually break) someone makes big bucks exploiting even a minor glitch......

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
... the power supply which can overheat and pose a fire hazard...
This is what happens when you play Crysis on Lenovo ThinkCentres...

Consumers possibly owning one of these defective computers are requested to shut down the machine and unplug it from the wall immediately.
No need... Just un-install Crysis and you'll be fine... :)

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
[citation][nom]ScrewySqrl[/nom]this is why I build my ownEVERY major manufacturer skimps on power supplies, this is the innevitable result[/citation]

Agreed... But FSP PSU's aren't that bad...

rorouni

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2012
think center is not the model intended for gaming,, dont like integrated mobo.. much better to build our own..

Partizan92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010
I think Lenovo should blame Delta Electronics who has been the maker of PSU's for Lenovo... but only if the supply the internal parts for the PSU

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Nipping a potential problem in the bud and doing a voluntary recall to fix a potential problem is admirable. Unlike some companies that tried to hide or deny a problem. Does Dell ring a bell?

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]leave it to the Mexicans to phuck it up....they are already phucking the states along the US border[/citation]

Mexicans? where'd you pull that one out of? Lenovo is a wholly owned Chinese company... and i live on the south Texas border and it seems to me they're helping out local businesses by keeping the snowbirds and vacationers here instead of going there and dealing with their ongoing violence.

but then again you're prolly just trolling...

unther

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
I had a problem the PSU on my Gateway Desktop, it had a ATI 4650 in it and it came with overclocking software, so I overclocked it. The PSU died in a month, Gateway wouldn't cover it because the GPU was overclock, but they included the software anyway.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Hanin33[/nom]Mexicans? where'd you pull that one out of? Lenovo is a wholly owned Chinese company... and i live on the south Texas border and it seems to me they're helping out local businesses by keeping the snowbirds and vacationers here instead of going there and dealing with their ongoing violence.but then again you're prolly just trolling...[/citation]
did you look at the pictures? it says...MADE IN MEXICO....next time read before you speak :)

moonzy

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
[citation][nom]Hanin33[/nom]Mexicans? where'd you pull that one out of? Lenovo is a wholly owned Chinese company... and i live on the south Texas border and it seems to me they're helping out local businesses by keeping the snowbirds and vacationers here instead of going there and dealing with their ongoing violence.but then again you're prolly just trolling...[/citation]
They're made in Mexico, like a lot of Lenovo Desktops. (See the Pic?)
Who knows who's at fault? Probably Lenovo and their QA, that's who.

moonzy

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]did you look at the pictures? it says...MADE IN MEXICO....next time read before you speak[/citation]
Exactly. You beat me to it.

Back up your data, Send it back, get a replacement, end of story.
Next!

G

I just swapped mine out today. The old power supply is made by Delta Electronics, stamped "Made in China". The replacement model they are giving us is a Lite-On, also Made in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS