Lenovo Records $205M in Q4 Profit, Tablet Shipments Surge

Status
Not open for further replies.

phamhlam

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
People say Windows 8 is dragging down sales. I saw that crappy laptops drag down sale. Lenovo makes some of the best laptop I have used. The are strong and durable. People don't need to upgrade every 2 years now. A laptop can last 4+ years. Put a 128GB SSD in any laptop from 3 or 4 years ago and people would think it is brand new almost.

trumpeter1994

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
[citation][nom]phamhlam[/nom]People say Windows 8 is dragging down sales. I saw that crappy laptops drag down sale. Lenovo makes some of the best laptop I have used. The are strong and durable. People don't need to upgrade every 2 years now. A laptop can last 4+ years. Put a 128GB SSD in any laptop from 3 or 4 years ago and people would think it is brand new almost.[/citation]
Gonna Have to agree to a certain degree, I just got a Lenovo y580 too. It's a great laptop and the price I got it for was ridiculous even if it did come with W7 and not W8 (i7 with 8 threads and GTX660M for under $1k?, not to mention ivy bridge had JUST come out). I do think windows 8 it somewhat of a turnoff for people though, but the fact that Lenovo is making a place for themselves by offering quality products at a good price leads me unsurprised that they're making a large profit. Customers want to get a deal on what their buying and while Windows 8 may not be the best it can still be overcome with good marketing and quality products

G

reminds of the japanese ideology( i know its ironic) that if yo make good quality products, poeple will buy them.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]phamhlam[/nom] Put a 128GB SSD in any laptop from 3 or 4 years ago and people would think it is brand new almost.[/citation]

Agreed, just 2 months ago, swapped my HDD with a SSD in my Compaq CQ40, felt even better than my desktop in every single task (except for gaming and File conversion,extraction, compression, editing )

Then the laptop's motherboard fried.... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS