Lenovo scream gone blank For second time

Rosie138

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
All in one Lenovo black screen twice this year f8 and shift doesn't help please help I cannot do without my desk top.

Solution
Hello Rosie138

Can you please elaborate the issue in more detail. For instance, what was the last thing you did after which the screen went blank, what steps have you taken so far to troubleshoot the problem, was there anything specific you were doing both the times after which the issue occurred such as watching YouTube videos or playing any game?

Please reply back with more details in order to allow us to help with precise solutions.

Cheers!! :)
Hello Rosie138

Can you please elaborate the issue in more detail. For instance, what was the last thing you did after which the screen went blank, what steps have you taken so far to troubleshoot the problem, was there anything specific you were doing both the times after which the issue occurred such as watching YouTube videos or playing any game?

Please reply back with more details in order to allow us to help with precise solutions.

Solution

Rosie138

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016

Rosie138

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
Hi
My lenovo switched on okay,but the screen stayed black. I could hear hard drive,and press shift and f8.i was not on anything at the time.
the last time I used it was the day before to check emails.so in general I turn on the hard drive can be heard,and it sound as if it's coming on,but the screen stays black I am unable to resovole this please help.many thanks rose.

Hello again Rosie138

Can you please confirm that when you power on your computer, does the screen display the motherboard logo, or the whole screen stays black right from the moment you power on the PC?

In either case, to start with, you can try hard resetting your laptop. To do so:

> Power off the laptop.

> Unplug it from the power adapter.

> Pull out its battery.

> Press down and hold the Power button from 45-60 seconds.

> Release the Power button.

> Put the battery back in and try booting the computer this time.

On the other hand, if you can see the motherboard logo at the initial screen but the computer fails to display anything after that, you might want to try Booting in Safe Mode, and then adjusting the display resolution by right-clicking on the desktop screen and going to Screen resolution from the context menu.

If the issue persists, Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command from the Safe Mode might do the trick.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!!

Rosie138

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016

Hi Vicky, thank you for you answer,but I have a all in one Lenovo desk top. When I turn it on the screen stay black key broad not responding so can,t press anything.appreciate suggestions.this happen last when I was still under guarantee.. When I first bought computer exspected it to last a bit longer.its now even two years old. Thank you in advance rosie

Hello again Rosie138

Since it is a desktop computer and the screen stays blank, I think its CMOS needs to be cleared. To do so:

> Power off the PC.

> Unplug it from the power supply.

> Remove the side cover of the system case.

> Pull out the CMOS battery. (A CMOS battery is round and shiny and can be easily spotted.)

> Leave the computer alone for 45-60 minutes.

> After the said time, connect the PC to the power supply.

> Try powering it on, first without the battery, and then after putting the battery back in its place.

Hope this helps.