Question Lenovo series for developing: 'ThinkPad' or 'ThinkBook' - other?

Manuel Jordan

Prominent
Apr 3, 2022
Hello

Thanks to this friendly forum, with the purpose to buy an Asus (Zenbook Pro) for developing purposes (Java/Spring - VirtualBox for Linux) as an alternative was suggested Lenovo too.

For Lenovo's Laptops page exists many models.

For developing purposes indicated above - It seems the two best branches are ThinkPad and ThinkBook - please correct me if I am wrong.

The reason of this post : what branch is better and why? they are very similar. So is not clear with what branch I should start do the research about specific models and prices

Your experience is required

Thanks in advance

The Thinkpad is typically the more premium line, they start at a higher price point, most of them are more expensive. They have better keyboards, better trackpads, are more rugged, they have more business features. You get things like a spill proof keyboard.

If you want a good machine for software development, then both will fit that bill. It depends on your budget, but from the Thinkbook line the ThinkBook 13s is a very solid laptop with a metal chassis, excellent display and strong battery life. Some might argue the Thinkbook is a more stylish and modern looking laptop, but that's personal preference.

From the Thinkpad line I would look at the T series.

Reactions: Manuel Jordan
You might find it useful to contact Lenovo and talk to a sales rep.
I have found them to be very knowledgeable about their products.
Past that, Lenovo sales are frequent and the reps will know about the best ones.
Another source is the laptop review sites.
Ultrabook review and notebook review for example.
They will tell you about keyboard feel and display appearance that the specs alone will not.

Reactions: Manuel Jordan

Manuel Jordan

Prominent
Apr 3, 2022
Thanks to both for your replies.

The Thinkpad is typically the more premium line, they start at a higher price point, most of them are more expensive
It seems Thinkpad is the correct path

Another source is the laptop review sites.
Ultrabook review and notebook review for example.

The Ultrabook review location is "https://www.ultrabookreview.com" - but what is the location for notebook review ? Is "https://www.notebookcheck.net"? the names are not similar

Thanks in advance