Question Lenovo ssd resize C:\ drive

Mar 13, 2023
Ok, here’s my setup. I need to increase my C drive by 200GB to accomdate old data. I tried shrinking partition on disk 0 but can’t figure out how to increase the C drive size. Help! Do I just delete Disk 0?

DISK 0 is 931GB (empty)
DISK 1 is 116GB, 3 partitions (healthy edit) (C drive 114GB) (1.95recovery)

Don't delete anything right now.

Post a screen shot of Windows Disk Management.

If disk 1 has total capacity of 116, you can't add 200 to it.

You can put whatever you want (other than Windows and installed applications) on the empty Disk 0. Why not? That would be partition D or E, etc

Mar 13, 2023
You can also move "everything" to Disk 0 via cloning or imaging.

But your first post doesn't indicate exactly what you have in mind.

What is the supposed purpose of Disk 0?
I’m changing from old WIN10 laptop and the transfer file lap-link came up with is a 150GB
You can also move "everything" to Disk 0 via cloning or imaging.

But your first post doesn't indicate exactly what you have in mind.

What is the supposed purpose of Disk 0?
PC-link came up with a transfer file of 150GB. C: drive is only 116GB so I need get Windows 11 on C: partition with more room

I’m changing from old WIN10 laptop and the transfer file lap-link came up with is a 150GB
PC-link came up with a transfer file of 150GB. C: drive is only 116GB so I need get Windows 11 on C: partition with more room

Don't know why you need Lap link or PC link or anything like that.

You can't put 150 gb of stuff on a 116 gb space.

You need a new C partition on a totally different drive....such as your 931 GB drive 0.

Why do you own the empty 931 GB drive 0? What's it for? Looks like a good spot for the C partition, but you may have other ideas?

Mar 13, 2023
We need a LOT more info on this.

Like, everything...
Just got a new Lenovo laptop Ideapad 1 with 1TB PCle SSD drive. It was setup as noted previously. I’m trying to move old apps,data,settings from my old windows 10 laptop with PC Link. The transfer file is created is 150GB and tool large for C: on Disk 1. Disk 0 is plenty large, so I’m wanting to move Disk 1 to Disk 0.
it’s been awhile since I’ve messed with partitions, so I’m cautiously trying to move.
Tried pasting a screenshot here but it won’t take?

Mar 13, 2023
Just got a new Lenovo laptop Ideapad 1 with 1TB PCle SSD drive. It was setup as noted previously. I’m trying to move old apps,data,settings from my old windows 10 laptop with PC Link. The transfer file is created is 150GB and tool large for C: on Disk 1. Disk 0 is plenty large, so I’m wanting to move Disk 1 to Disk 0.
it’s been awhile since I’ve messed with partitions, so I’m cautiously trying to move.
Tried pasting a screenshot here but it won’t take?
I guess, do I need to remove the partition on Drive 0 (empty) or just reformat It first, then clone Drive 1 to it and change Bios setting to boot from drive 0 if that all works. Will cloning drive 1 to drive 0 make a bootable drive?

The Lenovo is "new", but does NOT have a Windows installation.

Is that correct? I wasn't aware you could buy a new laptop without an operating system. At least, not easily.

Moving Windows from the old machine to the new machine is begging for problems.

Mar 13, 2023
The Lenovo is "new", but does NOT have a Windows installation.

Is that correct? I wasn't aware you could buy a new laptop without an operating system. At least, not easily.

Moving Windows from the old machine to the new machine is begging for problems.
Sorry if I didn’t explain clearly. The Lenovo came with windows 11, but the space for the C:\ was only was only 114GB , the size of the transfer file that Lap-Link came up with was 150GB. There was no room left on the drive. This was Disk 1. Disk 0 was 931 GB in size and empty. Anyway, I found a free partition manager NIUBI. This little program , with a little studying and several steps finally got everything set up the way I needed. Don’t know why Lenovo set up such a small C drive. On a 1TB drive. Anyway, problem solved.

Reactions: Nathkrul