Question Lenovo T430 battery compatibility issue

prahumac

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
hello, I have been using my Lenovo t430 laptop for over a year now. Unfortunately, I had to look for a new battery because the one I have been using got discharged and needed immediate replacement. so, I bought a non-Lenovo battery as a replacement and installed it. Initially it worked out really fine despite have some minor glitches. after a few months when I installed Lenovo vantage app which I have downloaded from the Microsoft store in order to update the software, started creating issues. I used that software and updated all my drivers but the real problem occurred when I installed the Lenovo power management driver which wasn't supporting my new battery that kept on prompting me with a message "this laptop doesn't support the battery and needs to be replaced. Please do let me know regarding what can be done to solve this issue.

You really need to use an official lenovo battery.
There is hardware in the battery and your oem battery likely does not have something suitably compatible for the charging app to work properly.
Yes, the official batteries are are more expensive.
See if you can't send the battery you bought back as defective.

prahumac

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
thanks for the reply. the issue here is it's an old laptop and it's been 4 years since its warranty got expired currently, I am using a 9 cell battery which is an old one and it does not have any juice left and I have found few original ones on amazon which costs nearly 90$. I was wondering whether can we use any alternative battery like a used one's if possible. would you suggest that or whether should I go for a new one considering the condition of my device?

What is the model of your laptop?
Ebay is another good source for batteries.
Best if you can buy from a reputable place that guarantees compatibility.

Take the old battery out and look at the part number.
See if you can't search for that exact model as a replacement.