[SOLVED] lenovo thinkcenter rofl what is this🤢🤮

Soviet45

BANNED
Aug 28, 2021
so someone on craigzlist selling lenovo thinkcenter pc with i7 4770 and 32gb if ram for 100$

why is it only 100$?

i mean 32gb of ram paired with an old i7, add a nice lil gpu and you’ve got an amazing gaming machine?

that’s 32gb of ram!

is this a good deal or what? feel like getting one just cuz it’s so cheap

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Craigslist is it's own animal. In this area you really can't sell much other than VERY desirable parts for anything at or near worth. You have to consider many factors. Person is in a bind, item could be stolen, they may be looking to rip you off/rob you...It can be a real shot in the dark.

In this case I feel like it's one of those "if it's too good to be true". The alternate being that given it's proprietary nature, it's age, and the certain coming reckoning within old computer value based on W11 requirements, this readily could become more and more common.

With all that said, I think I would do some chatting, get a feel for the buyer, and look to meet in a public place or even see if you can come where they are. Seeing it work...

kanewolf

Titan
so someone on craigzlist selling lenovo thinkcenter pc with i7 4770 and 32gb if ram for 100$

why is it only 100$?

i mean 32gb of ram paired with an old i7, add a nice lil gpu and you’ve got an amazing gaming machine?

that’s 32gb of ram!

is this a good deal or what? feel like getting one just cuz it’s so cheap
Unknown. It may not have any storage or an OS. To many people, that makes is non-functional.
It could have a failed power supply and be a pain because it is non standard.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Craigslist is it's own animal. In this area you really can't sell much other than VERY desirable parts for anything at or near worth. You have to consider many factors. Person is in a bind, item could be stolen, they may be looking to rip you off/rob you...It can be a real shot in the dark.

In this case I feel like it's one of those "if it's too good to be true". The alternate being that given it's proprietary nature, it's age, and the certain coming reckoning within old computer value based on W11 requirements, this readily could become more and more common.

With all that said, I think I would do some chatting, get a feel for the buyer, and look to meet in a public place or even see if you can come where they are. Seeing it work would be a massive plus in this case. If it's up and up, operates, and has a valid activation on W10 that alone is worth the $100.

Keep in mind that with ANY used computer purchase outside a well known retailer, that you should do a clean install on the system the moment after you verify that it is working properly (again) once you get it home.

Solution

Soviet45

BANNED
Aug 28, 2021

With all that said, I think I would do some chatting, get a feel for the buyer, and look to meet in a public place or even see if you can come where they are. Seeing it work would be a massive plus in this case. If it's up and up, operates, and has a valid activation on W10 that alone is worth the $100.

Keep in mind that with ANY used computer purchase outside a well known retailer, that you should do a clean install on the system the moment after you verify that it is working properly (again) once you get it home.
100%