Question Lenovo ThinkCentre M73 upgrade?

Lil’bertz

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014
Im planning to upgrade my M73 and im having trouble what kind of motherboard and size of the power supply im going to get because the size of this motherboard is unconventional and the power supply is tiny and i don’t think i can find a conventional sized motherboard and power supply that fits this case

what i have in mind is just upgrade the CPU (which is a Pentium G3220), the power supply and the RAM (the easiest thing to do)
the OEM motherboard has a half-length, full-height, PCIe 3.0 x16 (60w max) so i can put a GPU if got a better power supply

i think this the full specs of this prebuilt PC if you want more info: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd029602

The mobo and psu is conventional size but it has proprietary psu cables. If you're already upgrading mobo, cpu, ram, gpu, and psu, you're looking at an entire new pc minus a case and hdd. I would just squeeze in a cheap case that isn't as terrible and limiting as the m73 and then you also don't need to worry about the front panel connections not working or any other weird oem things to look out for. Else with a limiting budget, just stick in a 1050ti or equivalent low power gpu (ignore 60w because people have used 75w gpus) and just make sure you have 8gb ram and maybe an i5.

Reactions: Lil’bertz