[SOLVED] Lenovo Thinkcentre M83 not working after storm

May 27, 2020
Hi guys!

So my brother's PC is not working properly because he left it on connected to the modem with ethernet while a storm was happening. So basically a lightning hit something close to the network cables and the modem "blew up" with the computer also getting shut down. When I checked the computer later I got a blackscreen and the lights of mouse and keyboard just went on for 2 seconds and than off.

So my questions are:
What is not working properly after that?
Is there any problem with the motherboard?
Is CPU or GPU damaged?

Thanks!

Solution
If it was only the Ethernet connected, the motherboard is dead... if the motherboard dies... it can take almost anything with it...so you wont know until you change the motherboard.

If the whole pc was connected, then it might just be only the PSU.
If it was only the Ethernet connected, the motherboard is dead... if the motherboard dies... it can take almost anything with it...so you wont know until you change the motherboard.

Solution
Thanks for the response. I think my PSU is working because the fans are spinning. What could it be?

The motherboard

TRENDING THREADS