[SOLVED] Lenovo Thinkcentre M93p Minitower restarts before POST

Mark-Bezos

Prominent
Jun 16, 2020
I have received a Lenovo Thinkcentre M93p Minitower and after using it for a few seconds it will restart, before spiraling into a constant restarting loop. I have removed the CMOS battery, set the clear CMOS jumper to maintenance mode, unplugged the SSD, swapped RAM. Nothing so far has worked.

The person who gave it to me thought it may be overheating, which would fall inline with the fact that it will start normally and successfully POST if it hasn’t booted in about half an hour, but after around 3 minutes it restarts, then it will last for 30 seconds, then 5, then it doesn’t even POST. However, the CPU cooler , VRMs, and bios chip are all cool the touch.

I would think it would be a short if it wasn’t for the fact that it successfully boots if you haven’t powered it on for a while and the exponentially degrades in time it passes POST. Any help is desperately needed and greatly appreciated!

Mark-Bezos

Prominent
Jun 16, 2020

Before I pull the trigger, I am thinking of just buying a Mobo that supports this 4790 for 62 bucks. While obvs $5<62, i already have the PSUs and components that make sure I need nothing else once I buy the motherboard. If I buy the adapter I’m worried it still might not work due to it being a motherboard issue. What do you estimate the likely hood of it being a PSU issue vs a Mobo issue?

Latest posts