[SOLVED] Lenovo ThinkCentre PC upgradable?

gio.mangaoang10

Reputable
Sep 22, 2017
Hi! so i have this Lenovo ThinkCentre pc laying around and i want to sell it (https://www.google.com/amp/s/us.icecat.biz/amp/p/vendorName/mpn/desc-842656.html) , i just want to know if the ram is upgradable to at least 4 gb, so that it can be used for light weight tasks like encoding and web browsing only. Thank you in advanced! And what other things that can be upgraded for this pc so that I can tell it to the buyer if ever someone is going to buy it.

Also, I already installed Windows 10 LTSC 32bit version and it only has 300mb usable memory when idle

Last edited:
Solution
Listed it in marketplace and a lot of people is interested in this pc, I'm surprised not gonna lie, but they back out when they find out it only has 1 gb ram, can't blame them tho. About the Gpu upgrade for this pc, i tried installing my old geforce 210 here (healthy and working btw), but it's not booting up when it is installed, but boots up when not. Maybe it has something to do with the BIOS or something, I don't know and I dont want to explore it yet without your help guys, I might change some settings there and complicates things. Thank you for responding!
Yep, max out the ram and run something 32-bit and it will be a nice little system. It might definitely be a bios or even pcie version issue with the gt210. I've noticed...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, that board will support 4GB of memory. DDR2 prices are rapidly climbing as inventory disappears. Nearly at the end for DDR4 now.

Not really worth upgrading, or selling for that matter. Wouldn't really recommend anyone to use a 32bit version of Windows these days... going to start running into 64bit only software that might want to be used.

CPU is pretty much already at max for the socket.

For sub $100 you can pick up a quad core with 4GB of memory already in it that is six years newer.

gio.mangaoang10

Reputable
Sep 22, 2017
Yes, that board will support 4GB of memory. DDR2 prices are rapidly climbing as inventory disappears. Nearly at the end for DDR4 now.

Not really worth upgrading, or selling for that matter. Wouldn't really recommend anyone to use a 32bit version of Windows these days... going to start running into 64bit only software that might want to be used.

CPU is pretty much already at max for the socket.

For sub $100 you can pick up a quad core with 4GB of memory already in it that is six years newer.

Yeah, this came from my father's office. Just freeing up spaces here and want to make this usable for anyone who buys this, not gonna put a high price, 30 usd maybe, or even lower. its up to them if they want to upgrade it, just want to have something to tell about them about this pc that can help them too if ever they'll buy it. just gonna tell them re-install 64bit version if they upgraded their ram. Thank you for the response!

Last edited:

gio.mangaoang10

Reputable
Sep 22, 2017
Yep, you can use 2x2gb and it should work fine. And a gpu like a 750ti can really wake up an older system like that, even for the basics.

Listed it in marketplace and a lot of people is interested in this pc, I'm surprised not gonna lie, but they back out when they find out it only has 1 gb ram, can't blame them tho. About the Gpu upgrade for this pc, i tried installing my old geforce 210 here (healthy and working btw), but it's not booting up when it is installed, but boots up when not. Maybe it has something to do with the BIOS or something, I don't know and I dont want to explore it yet without your help guys, I might change some settings there and complicates things. Thank you for responding!

Last edited:
Yep, max out the ram and run something 32-bit and it will be a nice little system. It might definitely be a bios or even pcie version issue with the gt210. I've noticed the 750ti works in almost all my old systems so it's a great card. The old 9500gt would be good too, but I don't think win10 supports it anymore.

Solution