Lenovo Thinkcentre Windows 7 problem

Michael_591

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
I have just done an office clearance and have 4 Lenovo Thinkcentres from it. The trouble is they are user profile and passworded to the company. How do I go about resetting the computer and re-installing windows 7 from my disc? I tried the 'rnr' but this asks for the company password or the local user password. How do I format the hard-drive so I can install from a CD? Any help would be great.
Mike

Solution
Buy a copy of Windows, install it on the computer. During Windows setup you can go into the advanced disk options and delete the existing partitions. If you have a copy of Windows on a disk, what kind of disk is that? Windows you buy at a store would have a single computer use license and will not work with an OEM code those office computers may have on them. You would need an OEM Windows 7 disk to install from, then you can use the existing code off the computers, if they have one.
Buy a copy of Windows, install it on the computer. During Windows setup you can go into the advanced disk options and delete the existing partitions. If you have a copy of Windows on a disk, what kind of disk is that? Windows you buy at a store would have a single computer use license and will not work with an OEM code those office computers may have on them. You would need an OEM Windows 7 disk to install from, then you can use the existing code off the computers, if they have one.

Solution