Question Lenovo Thinkpad E580 - RX550 is installed but Intel HD 620 is being utilized

maroof19693

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2015
I have Lenovo Thinkapd E580 with RX550 2GB version.

After windows update and AMD Drivers installed and fully updated, my Intel 620 is being utilized for everything. Benchmark programs dont even show my AMD Card, and automatically uses Intel gpu for benchmarking. But in my Device Manager i can see both Intel UHD 620 and RX 550 under display adapters tab.

I have used Uningine and Userbenchmark and both used Intel 620HD for benchmarking and results were horrible.

Kindly help

maroof19693

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2015
Install the thinkpad 580 graphics drivers downloaded directly from Lenovo.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/...aptops/thinkpad-e580-type-20ks-20kt/downloads

It will have the necessary smarts to switch between graphics adapters.
Normally if you are on battery you will use the integrated graphics.
You need to run plugged in to use the discrete graphics.

I have downloaded latest BIOS update from Lenovo Website yesterday and installed. Unfortunately i cant find any option to switch in bios.

I think you need the Lenovo graphics drivers.
On my laptop with both intel integrated adapter and a discrete nvidia adapter you can select the adapter you want to use via the nvidia control panel.
That is accessed via a right click on the desktop.

Otherwise, it is the windows power options that determine which adapter you use.
Plugged in it should select the discrete adapter which is more powerful and power hungry.
If on battery, windows will use the integrated adapter to conserve battery.

I think the key to this switching capability is the lenovo graphics driver .
I think it is different from the discrete driver that you might download from amd.