Question Lenovo thinkpad edge E530c keyboard shorted??

krusty0921

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018
I got a lenovo thinkpad e530c
The laptop has been flooded with a small bit of beer, according to previous owner he turned it right off, anyway i cleaned mothereboard and all and it runs but it wont turn on when the keyboard is connected , even the charging light wont come on when plugged in, keyboard is dry, i dont see how a keyboard could short out that much.. any ideas?

hang-the-9

Titan
Yes a bad keyboard can cause a system not to turn on, or it may be the motherboard keyboard connector that is bad. Laptop keyboards for many models are pretty cheap on ebay, get a replacement and see if that helps.

krusty0921

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018
Is there something i can do with the keyboard when i turn on the laptop and plug in the keyboard it boots into windows and makes a weird beep every few seconds

hang-the-9

Titan
Is there something i can do with the keyboard when i turn on the laptop and plug in the keyboard it boots into windows and makes a weird beep every few seconds
Sure there is something you can do, replace they keyboard and see if that fixes the issue. You are not going to fix spill hardware damage with anything other than replacing the hardware in question.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS