Review Lenovo ThinkPad T14s (Gen 6, Snapdragon) review: 21 hours of battery life

Notton

Commendable
Dec 29, 2023
The battery life is amazing, but I can't believe they opted for a 2242 SSD when there was room for a 2280.

Does the PCB on the left have extra contact pads for m.2 SSD and wifi card?

abufrejoval

Reputable
Jun 19, 2020
Went with an X13 Gen 4 based on an AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 7840U because it was nearly $1000 cheaper.

It won't do 21 hours, except as a paper weight, but I'm no longer that young: 10+ hours off a wall plug seems good enough, to be quite honest; what's left of my brain barely functions after that.

The keyboard, the screen, or just anything you can touch or feel is very similar, and it runs games probably far better, even indefinitely off a generic 65Watt USB-C charger, which thanks to some Gallium trickery evidently have become positivly tiny. I didn't bother to unpack the bigger original from Lenovo.

At home it's getting fed from the 43" 4k monitor, a single USB-C cable which also carries everything docking, including 2.5 Gbit Ethernet, when I'm not plugging in the 10-GBit TB3 variant into the 2nd port as well.

An 2280 M.2 slot made for an easy replacement of the 500GB QLC drive with a 2TB TLC replacement (Samsung Pro 990), single-sided 4TB sell for linear prices these days and they easily double peak speeds, sustained practically forever.

I rund VMs so skimping on storage or RAM results in chronic pain cheap to avoid with minimum smarts.

While some may just need those extra off-battery hours, the main-line majority may still be better served by the mainline products.

Reactions: Peksha

TRENDING THREADS