Review Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 (AMD) Review: Slim Ryzen for the Office

Venivik

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
For less? That's a sub $300 APU, with a $100 m2 and about $60 worth of ram with a panel that wouldn't even be worth $200 as a monitor. The list price is looking to double the price of consumer parts, let's not forget they're not paying these prices for these parts. What an absolute ripoff.

james.jstroud

Commendable
Nov 1, 2017
Good review and nice write up. I'm bummed too about the battery life and front camera. Those 2 items I find important. I think the battery life is not as good because I think the AMD cpu is not as efficient and an Intel 10 Gen CPU. But I am not up to speed on all the cpu and the amount of watts each need.

You comment on your appearance from the front facing camera cracked me up.

PS I do like ThinkPad laptops and recently bought thinkpad X1 carbon 8th generation with 10 generation intel cpu that everyone loves.

Last edited:

Gaius Gracchus

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014
We got 2 of the X13s and ordered the 1920x1080 IPS FHD 500 nit screens. The screens we got are some of the worst we've ever seen. The privacy guard is a useless joke in that it renders the entire screen dark even if you are in front of it. Furthermore, with the privacy screen off the screen is still dark with shadows and there is no viewing angle that does not have shadows. Even sitting directly in front of the screen you see shadows. And it is not bright at all- 500 nits is supposed to be bright but even on the highest setting the screen is not very bright. And how this is considered to be an IPS with a wide viewing angle is beyond me.
Pitiful.
We are shipping them back.