[SOLVED] Lenovo Thinkpad X240 stuck on Windows 10 boot logo

troyer1234567

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020
Hi
i was reading some PDF files in Microsoft Edge, then tried to open File Explorer but it didn't, so i tried to restart my laptop but nothing happened, then i held power button to force it off. after that i turned the laptop on, now it shows windows 10 logo, and some dots start to spin around but nothing happens!
I opened Lenovo Diagnostic Tool (pressed enter, then pressed F10) did a Full system test, everything was ok but for storage test it showed me two errors as you see:
img_20220529_152603_qaga.jpg

I got this laptop one month ago from university, they had put a Toshiba HDD and i replaced that with a WD Green 240gb SSD which i had bought last year and used on my older laptop.

is my ssd dead? is there anything i can do to fix it ? idk maybe recovering bad sectors and make it fine?

thanks for your help 😃

troyer1234567

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020
You'd have to put it in a different PC (not boot from it) to read the whole SMART data.

But you can't "fix" bad sectors on an SSD. Even if that is the problem, and it probably is not.

Get it replaced.
i there anything that i might have done to damage ssd?

i lay on my bed and put laptop on my lap, i change my position every 10~20 mins so i move my laptop, does moving my laptop would damage ssd?

USAFRet

Titan
i there anything that i might have done to damage ssd?

i lay on my bed and put laptop on my lap, i change my position every 10~20 mins so i move my laptop, does moving my laptop would damage ssd?
No, moving like that would do NO damage to the SSD.

Highly unlikely it is anything YOU did.

Sometimes, these things die.
I had a SanDisk SSD die suddenly. It happens.

Reactions: troyer1234567