Question Lenovo Thinkstation is clicking ?

egderic

Honorable
Jun 14, 2018
Hello,

I just bought a PC from a garage sale at work.

I booted it up last night, and I get this message in the bootup screen: Abnormal AUDIOUINFO.B1:0 status (10b)

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/tBpdSBA" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/tBpdSBA"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Then the computer starts Windows after that, and it seems to work fine, but I hear this weird "click click" sound.
It continues even after the PC is powered down! It even does it after the PC is unplugged, but only for a bit.

I uploaded a video

View: https://youtu.be/n_Cr8aKunKE

I can bring this computer back today or tomorrow. With the rock-bottom price that I got, I'm hesitant to do that if this is fixable, or just a problem with the internal speakers. I'm tempted to just move the Mobo, RAM, Video card, etc.. from this tower into my own tower.

Lutfij

Titan
You're thinking of transplanting the innards of a prebuilt into another chassis? I wouldn't do that, instead return the unit and get a refund or pickup a similar system with something that doesn't exhibit a weird noise. If I took a stab at the issue I'd suspect it's the PSU in the prebuilt that might be the issue. Exact model for the Thinkstation you own? Lenovo have a number of them in their portfolio.

egderic

Honorable
Jun 14, 2018
Yeah, that's what I'm doing. They offered me an identical one without the clicking problem, so of course I'm taking it. I wasn't sure if there'd be another one available when I posted this.
Still a curious issue though, I've never seen anything like it!

TRENDING THREADS