Lenovo: We Are Lucky Steve Jobs Has Bad Temper

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamslang

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
Lucky for Apple that Steve doesn't care about China as much. You release a bugged product like the new iPhone in China and they drop your poducts faster than Foxcon employees drop from their windows. Don't believe me, look at Xbox penetration in China. Apparently their consumers actually care about products that work.

Godfail

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]Bamslang[/nom]Lucky for Apple that Steve doesn't care about China as much. You release a bugged product like the new iPhone in China and they drop your poducts faster than Foxcon employees drop from their windows. Don't believe me, look at Xbox penetration in China. Apparently their consumers actually care about products that work.[/citation]

I don't even know how to respond to this...it's wrong on too many levels...you win.

mouettus

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
if I was really afraid of some other company, I wouldn't say so. It would just trigger the big ego to come and take my spot.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]I see Steve has suffered from a dream Stewie is known for: WORLD DOMINATION!Hell their names are similar.[/citation]
No, I don't think that's true. You see, Steve has always fancied himself an artist. As such, he feels his products appeal to other artists and pseudo-intellectuals. Consequently, he has no use for nor desire to appeal to the slobbering masses. That probably explains why Apple has not made a push in China. The perception that they are a collective society without individuality (and hence, without art).

Anyway, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Steve Jobs is so uptight, the stick up his ass has a stick up its ass.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Bamslang[/nom]Lucky for Apple that Steve doesn't care about China as much. You release a bugged product like the new iPhone in China and they drop your poducts faster than Foxcon employees drop from their windows. Don't believe me, look at Xbox penetration in China. Apparently their consumers actually care about products that work.[/citation]

Really, the Xbox?!?! The failure rate for the Xbox was 42%... http://www.destructoid.com/new-survey-puts-xbox-360-failure-rate-at-42--171088.phtml There is no comparison - It wasn't not working because they held the controller differently, it failed, period...

This site has become the domain of trolls... Every company puts out products once in a while where they fall short, Apple was trying to make the reception better by integrating the antenna into the chassis and making it a large structural component... If you don't like the company for trying to push the envelope, please by all means BUY DELL and, Oh, wait - http://www.slashgear.com/dell-accused-of-hardware-failure-cover-up-3092318/

Tom's - I've followed you for years, I think from when you first started and what happened? You have become the domain where little kids flame and troll and your reporting has gone to hell... It's sad because you used to be one of the best resources on the web!!

To the trolls - Apple is a company that makes products and a profit... You no like - You no buy... But stop the whole demagoguery...

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
The only reason Stevie is not poking at China is that if wants to play ball in that country he has to give his tech info to the Chinese government or they won't let him play. We all know how much Stevie likes giving away his tech.

bamslang

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]Really, the Xbox?!?! The failure rate for the Xbox was 42%... http://www.destructoid.com/new-sur [...] 1088.phtml There is no comparison - It wasn't not working because they held the controller differently, it failed, period...This site has become the domain of trolls... Every company puts out products once in a while where they fall short, Apple was trying to make the reception better by integrating the antenna into the chassis and making it a large structural component... If you don't like the company for trying to push the envelope, please by all means BUY DELL and, Oh, wait - http://www.slashgear.com/dell-accu [...] p-3092318/Tom's - I've followed you for years, I think from when you first started and what happened? You have become the domain where little kids flame and troll and your reporting has gone to hell... It's sad because you used to be one of the best resources on the web!!To the trolls - Apple is a company that makes products and a profit... You no like - You no buy... But stop the whole demagoguery...[/citation]

Really? The only thing wrong with the iPhone was an antenna problem: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-4-iphone-reception-problems-applecare,news-7356.html? How about testing your product before rushing it out to the market and allow the millions of chumps to pay to beta test your product? While you’re right in the fact that Apple isn’t the only company to do this, don’t pretend what they did is different than what Microsoft did with the Xbox. You’re a moron if you think that Apple didn’t know of these problems before hand.

While Apple does have good ideas and can be innovative at times, they aren’t the innovator many fanbois claim they are. They usually just take preexisting ideas and make them successful, then claim they came up with the idea. Then, they take that product, and spread it across 4 generations so they can charge you 4 times for a product that they could have just made from the get go (no camera in the iPad yet there is a prefitted spot for one?). You think Apple was the first one to do the mp3 player? You think Apple was the first one to create a tablet? While I think Apple has done a lot of good for the tech industry in some aspects, they are also a company that prides itself on killing competition and stifling innovation. I’m just happy that they are finally gaining some market share and creating a ton of buzz.
That way, hackers will start testing Apple’s software and showing just how vulnerable their super product is and the governments around the world will start treating them like they do other monopolistic companies.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]Really, the Xbox?!?! The failure rate for the Xbox was 42%... http://www.destructoid.com/new-sur [...] 1088.phtml [/citation]

An anonymous survey on one website is still not some scientific fact. Ironic that you start complaining about terrible reporting and little kids trolling/flaming.

G

China Unicom has less than 10% of the Chinese cell phone market. The other 90% goes to China Mobile. And frankly, having lived in Beijing for the past 3.5 years, Unicom is a joke. Jokey Jobs hoping to squeeze some cash flow out of the biggest loze possible. If Chinese buy iphones, they jailbreak them and use them on China Mobile. Jobs clearly doesnt know what he is doing in Asia.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]mouettus[/nom]if I was really afraid of some other company, I wouldn't say so. It would just trigger the big ego to come and take my spot.[/citation]+1 to that. Exactly what I was thinking. That's as bad as America divulging their plan of attack on public television in Afghanistan.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
I use to love the Quality and design of the IBM Thinkpads before they sold it. If the originals were still around I would probably be typing this on one of them, using Linux of course.

bamslang

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
[citation][nom]amorrison0903[/nom]Well this article says it all... Steve Jobs loves pearl necklaces. Open and Shut Case Johnson.[/citation]

Haha made me actually laugh out loud at work. +1 for letting my coworkers I'm not working on work atm.

insightdriver

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
Interesting, the word, "quality," and what it means to people. Example, When IBM BRAND was on the laptop (because it was being manufactured by Lenovo all along) the perception was that "quality," was high. Take the modern generation of Lenovo-branded, Lenovo manufactured products that have superior performance due to market progress, yet this person, regulas, thinks the, "quality," has gone down. FAIL.

G

Yes Apple expanding in China, to make sure all those Foxconn employees that get paid slave wages can go out and see the finished product they made but will never be able to afford.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
It is sad that Lenovo bought out the laptop/PC department of IBM. Just like all the made in China products on the market, US is losing the grip on the PC market. Beside the crappy Dell, ok HP, and everybody hates Apple, what else do we still have (Top 10 PC makers)?

amorrison0903

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]pharge[/nom]Beside the crappy Dell, ok HP, and everybody hates Apple, what else do we still have (Top 10 PC makers)?[/citation]

A well known and high quality company called DoItTheHellYourself... I hear they make good and custom systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.