Lenovo Y50-70, Changed SSD now it wont recognize my old HDD disk?

Rasmus Gustafsson

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2015
Hello from sweden. :)

I just got a new 128gb SSD for my laptop on which i installed Windows 10 just now. My previous SSD was to small (24 gb) to have windows installed on it, so it was installed on my 1tb HDD disk, with some drivers etc stored on the SSD.

Now to the fun part, after i switched the SSD to the newer and bigger one and installed windows on it, the PC doesnt seem to recognize the HDD anymore?

When i installed windows i could only choose the SSD, the HDD wasnt even in the list of avalible drives, i was guessing it was because there was already an OS installed on it, so i didnt think much of it. So i installed windows on the SSD and now the HDD doesn't show up in windows and i can't see it /reallocate it in the disk management. I can't even see it in the bios, the only thing that is listed there is my new Kingston SSD disk.

I've tried changing the SATA mode in BIOS to Compatible, instead of ACHI but doing so makes the pc un-bootable, says something about boot-device not present etc... Ive also tried disabling Safe-boot or whatever it was, didn't work either.

Any of you gods have any idea how i can make my HDD visible again??

Thanks in advance //Rasmus

Rasmus Gustafsson

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2015
Almost to embaressed to confess it, but i have actually never noticed that it was a hybrid SSHD with 1tb storage.... *facepalm*, ohwell atleast the windows installation went flawless and the laptop is running way smoother than before. Silly me. :-D

TRENDING THREADS