Question Lenovo Y50-70 freezing on bootup

IfatboyI

Commendable
Jun 25, 2017
Hi. First some background on the laptop. The screen is dead so I use a hdmi to an external monitor. Also there is no battery in the laptop, it's always plugged in.

My laptop was acting weird today, alot of my programs were showing as "Very High" power usage on task manager; and it was also dipping frames in video games constantly. I decided to restart the laptop, but for some reason it took forever for it to actually show something. When it finally did (the blue windows loading screen) it froze, and never un-froze and I can't do anything. My laptop also starts to heat up alot when it freezes. Can I fix this?
Also I've discovered that I can boot into safe mode (with networking) completely fine. But I can't boot, even,reach the sign in screen on normal boots, it always freezes on the blue windows loading screen.

Lutfij

Titan
If you're working with Windows 10, which version are you currently on? Might also want to check back after taking note of the BIOS version for your Lenovo Y50.

If you can't boot to OS's GUI, then it's best you backup all content while in Safe Mode and try reinstalling your OS after creating the bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools. Lastly, you should look into replacing the screen and the battery since you're effectively only using it like a regular desktop would, defeating the purpose of it being a laptop.

IfatboyI

Commendable
Jun 25, 2017
If you're working with Windows 10, which version are you currently on? Might also want to check back after taking note of the BIOS version for your Lenovo Y50.

If you can't boot to OS's GUI, then it's best you backup all content while in Safe Mode and try reinstalling your OS after creating the bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools. Lastly, you should look into replacing the screen and the battery since you're effectively only using it like a regular desktop would, defeating the purpose of it being a laptop.

Well, for now my Windows 10 version is "Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418)"
And my Bios is "SMBIOSBIOSVersion 9ECN37WW(V2.01)"

I've already made a backup of all my files so far. As for my screen and battery... the laptops gotten pretty old, and I'm hoping to upgrade it for university in 2 months. But if it cant be fixed without the screen or battery I'll look into it.
Thanks for responding.