Lenovo y50 AC charger problems!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogdan_3

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015
Hello, i have a Lenovo y50 i5 gtx960m,8 gb ram,.... back to the point, sometimes, when the laptop is pluged in (dosent matter power plans) some horizontal line apear on scren, at the begining i thought it was some hardware problems...but....i put my ear on my ac adapter (brick) and i heard a frying sound(like when you fry oil in the pan)....it is not the 50hz sound, it is normal for an y50? or i should buy a new one?

Solution
Hi,

I would suggest to stop using that AC adapter with your laptop because it may cause more damage in the long run. If you have another AC adapter that has the same voltage do try it first with your laptop and see if the same problem will persist because if it won't that means you just need to replace the original AC adapter with a new one.
Hi,

I would suggest to stop using that AC adapter with your laptop because it may cause more damage in the long run. If you have another AC adapter that has the same voltage do try it first with your laptop and see if the same problem will persist because if it won't that means you just need to replace the original AC adapter with a new one.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.