Lenovo y50 low FPS when using HDMI

Zohar

Reputable
Sep 11, 2014
Hi, I got a Lenovo y50 and am trying to connect it to a TV using an hdmi cable. I can watch full HD video with no problem. However, when playing games, the FPS is much lower for some reason, than when I use the laptop's display. My laptop display is turned off when I connect it.

I know our TV should handle this because it's new and also our WiiU works with no issues. I tried using the WiiU's cable but there was no improvement. I got 30$ "rocketfish" high speed hdmi cables, gold plated and supposed to support UHD, but again no dice. Help!

Zohar

Reputable
Sep 11, 2014
Drivers were fine and the TV is also 1080. I was actually on the phone with Lenovo support now - not sure why I didn't think of that sooner - and managed to solve the issue! Turns out it was just bad definitions on the nvidia control panel, and it wasn't using the graphics card when connected to the TV. It's fine now, and I feel silly.

scubaJon

Reputable
Dec 17, 2014

Hey Zohar, I am having the same issue. How did you managed to make the hdmi run of the Nvida GPU instead of the Intel HD?

TRENDING THREADS