Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Driver Needed (Cam NOT Working)

uthayya

Honorable
Jan 29, 2014
Hi Guys,

This is something that has been bugging me for almost a year now and I've just been really lazy to solve the issue.

The problem is because for some reason, unknown to all except Lenovo, they decided NOT to support Windows 10 for a couple of the laptop models that they had in their product line when W10 was launched. Just my luck, my Lenovo Y510 (Model No - 20217) is among those unsupported PCs and hence there are certain features that no longer work.
(http://support.lenovo.com/in/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/IdeaPad-Y-Series-laptops/IdeaPad-Y510p-Notebook/20217?linkTrack=Homepage%253ABody_Currently%2BSelected%2BProduct&beta=false As you can see, nothing for W10)

PC Specs:
- Lenovo Y510P (Model No - 20217)
- 8GB RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GT755M
- Windows 10 Home, Version - 1511
- Intel Core i7-4700MQ CPU @2.4GHz

The issue that I'm facing is that my Webcam just wont work. Issue that I can see:
- The light adjacent to the webcam on the laptop keeps coming on and going off and then finally just stay off (each time I try to use the camera)
- Skype and other applications that need my camera can no longer detect it. Initially, my video keeps on appearing and disappearing until it finally just goes and stay disconnected, as though I don't even have a camera.
- Error message on my Camera app when I try to open it: "We can't find your camera. Error code - 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36d5)
- When I go to my Device Manager, there is no list called "Imaging Devices" as a whole.

There are number of users who have faced this issue and there seems to be no proper solution for this. For some, taking out the battery and carrying out a defrag worked. There were two other drivers that people said might/could work:
- Lenovo Integrated Driver (http://support.lenovo.com/in/en/downloads/ds032431)
- A Realtek Driver that I can no longer find.
Either I've not installed them correctly or they both don't work as well because I'm still facing the problem.

Could you help me out with third party camera drivers that could/should work for my laptop or anything else that you feel will help? I'm pretty sure my only option is a third party driver but there's a reason I'm here asking for help. Any info on proper installation and un-installation of drivers would also be of help.

I really appreciate the help and hope that one of you can sort this out for me.

TIA,
Uthayya

Oh dear - such a long post and a short answer. Without it showing in Device Manager, we can't tie down the manufacturer by way of the VEN for Vendor and DEV for Device details that we'd normally find in the Properties of the device. Even non-working devices should show up there.

Can you be quick enough to get in there while that light is flashing?

If not, the answer has to be a clip on webcam that sits on the lid when open and in your pocket when it's not.