[SOLVED] Lenovo Y540 vs Asus tuf Fx505du

bogdanmcb23

Prominent
Sep 25, 2018
Hello !
So, I am torn between two choices here. The Lenovo Y540 15.4'' IPS, intel i5-9300h, 1660 ti, 8gb ram, 512gb ssd and Asus Tuf fx505du 15.4'' 120hz, amd ryzen 7 3750h, 16 gb ram, 1660ti . They both go for the same price in my country, about 1050 US dollars.
Thing is i can spend around 150 dollars more and get a Y540 with 144hz refresh rate and 2060 but I don t know if that's really worth it. I feel like the asus packs everything I need since I am a heavy gamer and also use cad and such.
Browsing reviews lately I find everyone talk highly on the Lenovo but not many seem to see the asus tuf with this amd processor. I own a asus rog atm (5yo) and had so many problems with my intel on it, with cpu throttling and bad drivers and so on, but maybe with that new amd things change. On the other hand the lenovo has the intel with whom I've had problems. I really don't know what to do.

Solution
The issue with Intel's platform after the Coffeelake iteration was that you, as an end user, needed to do a minor tweak using Intel's XTU app to undervolt the processor in order to get it to optimal performance. Same story holds to this day with their current gen of processors.

You'll be good to go with either though I don't understand how a heavy gamer would want to miss out on the opportunity to buy a 144hz enabled panel on a laptop with a beefier GPU... puzzled

Lutfij

Titan
The issue with Intel's platform after the Coffeelake iteration was that you, as an end user, needed to do a minor tweak using Intel's XTU app to undervolt the processor in order to get it to optimal performance. Same story holds to this day with their current gen of processors.

You'll be good to go with either though I don't understand how a heavy gamer would want to miss out on the opportunity to buy a 144hz enabled panel on a laptop with a beefier GPU... puzzled

Solution