[SOLVED] Lenovo Y70 80DU00ESUS Touchscreen Screen Replacement

needhelpwiththis

Reputable
Feb 4, 2017
Hello guys.

I have a Lenovo Y70-Y0T with a broken Touchscreen. The screen it self is alright but the touchscreen panel is shattered. I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to remove the touscreen panel and leave only the screen, buy a bezel and place it around the screen, so I can use it as a normal laptop?
  2. And if the screen beneath the touschreen panel is broken can I replace the laptop's screen with a normal (non-touch) screen and how. I don't need the touchscreen at all and it is way more expensive than an not touch 17.3 panel. Thanks in advance.

Solution
The glass protects the panel, so is not a good idea to use the panel without the glass.
If you find a compatible non-touch, it could be used to replace the current LCD.
Anything is possible if you could find the components.
You might be able to find the LCD as a whole from either US Spare Parts, eBay or Aliexpress.
The glass protects the panel, so is not a good idea to use the panel without the glass.
If you find a compatible non-touch, it could be used to replace the current LCD.
Anything is possible if you could find the components.
You might be able to find the LCD as a whole from either US Spare Parts, eBay or Aliexpress.

Last edited:
Solution

needhelpwiththis

Reputable
Feb 4, 2017
OK. Is it an option is to remove the broken screen and digitizer and replace the display with a compatible non-touch panel? If such thing is an option how can I find a compatible non touch replacement?