• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Lenovo Y700 - Will not power on after dusting

Jun 23, 2020
Today I opened up the back cover of my Lenovo Y700 to do some routine dusting. I just purchased an electric air blower (to replace having to use compressed air) and it's really powerful. I dusted out the laptop's components as normal. However, when I tried to power it on again, I got no feedback. No lights...sounds...nothing. No response from the fans or had drive, and no indicator lights.

I've tried holding down the power button, and I've tried using the pinhole "Lenovo button" to perform a reset — still unresponsive. I've also tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, and still nothing. Not even the USB ports are powering on.

Regardless of whether I try with the laptop plugged in or just on battery, the laptop is not responding.

I don't know if I damaged something while dusting; though I've been inside this laptop several times prior with no issues. Though, I must note I did not disconnect the battery before dusting. Even so, I was using the machine just prior to dusting, and it fully shut down with no issues.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS