Lenovo Yoga 2 stuck on boot screen! :(

tina89

Reputable
May 16, 2015
Today, my computer a Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop running windows 8.1 64-bit, stopped wirking. When I start my computer, it will display the Lenovo boot screen and the rotating dots will rotate a while and then freeze. I've resettet the BIOS but it did not help and I can not take out the battery as it is some kind of built in battery.. My computer does not have a disc drive, just USB. And I dont have made a USB recovery.. Please help me I have all my thesis material on that computer. :( Thank you.

Solution
Greetings tina89,

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with the Yoga 2 with all your material on it. Especially because you may have to perform a hard reset which will potentially wipe out everything on it. But before things get ugly, just a few questions:

a) When you say "reset the BIOS", what exactly did you do?
b) Can you still access the BIOS?
c) Does the Yoga freeze while still running (making fan noise) or does it turn off altogether?

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

GreyCatz

Distinguished
Greetings tina89,

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with the Yoga 2 with all your material on it. Especially because you may have to perform a hard reset which will potentially wipe out everything on it. But before things get ugly, just a few questions:

a) When you say "reset the BIOS", what exactly did you do?
b) Can you still access the BIOS?
c) Does the Yoga freeze while still running (making fan noise) or does it turn off altogether?

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS