Question Lenovo Yoga 530 14ARR - missing connector

Aug 12, 2020
Hello,
Recently I bought a Lenovo yoga 530 14arr (AMD based) and surprisingly I found out that it has no Backlit keyboard.
i opened the machine and found the keyboard's backlit-cable exists but its free out there, not connected to anything, and then realized that there is no backlit connector (FPC connector socket) on the motherboard although it's possible (comparing to pictures of the same motherboard from the web).

My question is:
Can I buy the FPC connector and solder it into the motherboard?

• if so, what type of FPC connector should I buy? (i know that it is a 4 pin FPC connector, not sure if the thickness is 0.5mm or 1mm, found both options online).
  • is there an actual problem with soldering a connector to the motherboard?

Attached:
pictures of my motherboard with the "missing" connector and picture of the cable and a similar motherboard with the connector installed (sold that way online).

1. My actual motherboard with the connected keyboard cable and missing connector (I do have the backlit cable there, not shown in the picture)
db0e6131-0905-43c3-86cc-84b8f10e78d9.jpg

2. Keyboard cable and backlit cable for demonstration
222.jpg

3. The same motherboard as it is for selling online.

existing.png

Aug 12, 2020
If the laptop is yet within the warranty period, I'd ask you to return the laptop and inform them of the missing connector alongside documentation. The fact that the model you own should come with a backlit keyboard(one that works actually) is grounds for the laptop to be changed.

Thank's for the advice but this is not possible, I bought the keyboard from eBay, it was originally purchased in France, and I have no warranty in my country right now (no international warranty).

sidenote:
this laptop can be found in France apparently without a backlit keyboard, probably this is the case.

TRENDING THREADS