Lenovo yoga 530 Help me decide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josdekleijn

Honorable
May 6, 2013
I want a new all in one laptop for school. I often draw diagrams so I really liked the Lenovo yoga 530 with the yoga active pen. I have a spending limit of about €750. Now there are two versions which fall within my price range.
1. I3 7130U 4GB ram 128GB SSD price €650
2. I3 7020U 8GB ram 256GB SSD price €750
The problem with deciding between this two is that the one has a better cpu 0.4ghz faster I believe neither has turbo boost so it has a constant frequency. Cpu benchmark shows a distinct difference of hundreds of points. https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-Core-i3-7130U-vs-Intel-Core-i3-7020U/3120vs3255 However I am not really familiar with this benchmark so I do not know how noticeable this difference will be. (I usually use userbenchmark but they don't have the i3 7020U yet). Also, I am quite handy myself so I would probably be able to successfully upgrade the ram and storage but that will be more expensive to do. Lastly, the smaller storage size is no problem I mostly make use of cloud storage.

So,
1. Is the difference in clock speed really noticeable between this two?
2. Should I go for the faster CPU or for the extra Ram?

I hope you could help me.
Yours faithfully,
Jos

There is really no difference there, the prices are exactly inline with the different specs. That system only has one RAM slot, so to get 8 GB you need to remove the 4 GB stick not add another 4. If you don't care about the storage size, I'd get the faster CPU and upgrade the RAM, will be a bit faster and a bit cheaper.

Josdekleijn

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Thanks, everybody for their input, by chance a few distant friends who benchmark hardware quite often visited me so I asked them. They said that the few hundred points are a pretty small difference in this benchmark, for a noticeable difference you need at least 600 points difference so the 400 points less the slower one has, will fall into nothingness in combination with the extra ram. Also even though I will probably not use most of the extra storage it does give it extra value.

Status
Not open for further replies.