Yyoshe

Prominent
May 28, 2021
I bought my laptop open box and since I have had issues with the keyboard. At first all keys were okay, then a month in the keys "G", "H" started to not register. It would take multiple presses at various pressures to register the input. Today it seems to have spread to other keys? Keys "I", the " key (hard to type these quotes in this post), "K", and the number "7" specifically only on my numpad. Has anyone had this issue before? The keys mentioned also, when they do register an input have key chatter. Does anyone have any idea on causes and possible fixes?

Lutfij

Titan
Is your laptop on the latest BIOS version?

Use Keyboardtester to see if you have any keys that are being depressed beforehand or if any keys themselves are malfunctioning. If you see that there are keys which are being depressed, you could try and remove the keycaps and inspect the key switches for any dirt or debris impeding or causing the keypress, though I know some people have ruined the scissor switches underneath while to remove the keycaps. You're only option would be to replace the keyboard.

Yyoshe

Prominent
May 28, 2021
Is your laptop on the latest BIOS version?

Use Keyboardtester to see if you have any keys that are being depressed beforehand or if any keys themselves are malfunctioning. If you see that there are keys which are being depressed, you could try and remove the keycaps and inspect the key switches for any dirt or debris impeding or causing the keypress, though I know some people have ruined the scissor switches underneath while to remove the keycaps. You're only option would be to replace the keyboard.

Yea I have done that before and the keys register only sometimes. I was hoping to replace the keyboard or repair it myself by finding out the potential issue first. Being a damaged board or whatever it is.